It is important not to confuse contraindications with side effects.
Contraindications define conditions that are not compatible with this medical treatment.
Contraindications for Dietary Liposuction are:
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Chronic kidney disease
- Type I diabetes
Possible side effects
Side effects are possible symptoms caused by this medical treatment.
In most of cases side effects caused by Dietary Liposuction are minimal or absent and easily controlled.
- Headache: could appear in the first 48 hours and it is due to low levels of ketones in the body. Drinking plenty of fluids and starting the treatment during weekend help to prevent this
- Constipation: can be prevented by drinking plenty of fluids and regular exercise.
- Abdominal bloating or acid reflux: it could exacerbated in people who already suffer from these problems; your regular medication will control these symptoms.
- Irritability: could be present in the first 48 hours when ketones levels are still low; it usually self resolves rapidly.
- Halitosis (bad breath): usually caused by concetration of ketones. It can be controlled drinking plenty of fluids, regular mouthwashes and chlorophyll spray.
Please contact your physician if you experience any of the side effects described above.